Manchester is among the worst performing Authorities for educational attainment, with 83% of other UK Authorities performing better across the English and Maths curriculum. 2014 data ranks Manchester as the 11th worst performing Authority for those aged 16 who are Not in Education Employment or Training.
A critical lack of access to opportunity
At DMSF, we recognise the positivity in our youth population and are determined to tackle the critical lack of access to opportunity, lack of guidance and lack of adult role models.
DMSF partners with primary and secondary schools, trusts and academy’s across Manchester to encourage young people to join the programme and make a difference to their lives.
- Our programmes help pupils escape negative distractions, so they can discover their true potential and focus on their academic studies.
- Our programmes develop focused ways of thinking, so that pupils can stay strong whatever challenges come their way – academic or in life.
- Our programmes develop self-belief and self-assurance, so that pupils can find their place in the wider world and help them be successful across school.
- Our programmes develop learning plans for young people where transferable skills such as time management, goal setting, team building, stress management, intrinsic and extrinsic motivation/rewards, and team leadership will be tracked and evaluated to boost pupils’ academic attainment.
- Our programmes provide opportunities for pupils to meet and hear from Olympic and Paralympic athletes and to experience the mindset and successes, which can be emulated and transferred by pupils to their academic studies.
Diane Modahl Sports Foundation
The Diane Modahl Sports Foundation (DMSF) is a registered charity which works with young people from disadvantaged areas across the North West, enabling them to make the most of themselves in sport, school and life.
Registered charity number 1150767 in England and Wales
Registered company number 07211650
© 2019 Diane Modahl Sports Foundation